What are your tips to burning a candle safely?
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Don’t burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire. Make sure your candle has a good clear area to sit on and try not to move it once lit or while the wax is melted.
- Make sure your candle is out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep your lit candle away from areas where there are drafts, such as open windows, fans, etc.
- If your flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly then extinguish it. Try trimming the wick and make sure there is not draft before re-lighting.
- If you are feeling sleepy and might fall asleep then it is best to play it safe and blow out your candle immediately.
- If there is a large amount of liquid wax created from the burn, you’ll want to make sure you blow it out gently to avoid wax going everywhere.
How do I ensure I get the best burn out of my candle?
Great question! Follow our tips and you will reach candle burning heaven in no time.
- The Candle Memory: Ensure that the first time you light the candle you burn it for long enough to liquify the entire top layer of wax. If you do not do this you end up with a memory ring which causes the wax to tunnel and you end up with wasted wax round the edge of the container.
- Wick Maintenance: The wick will be best behaved when it is kept very short (around 30mm). Don’t be afraid to trim the wick, by doing so you will ensure you have a steady, ash-free flame.
- Burn Session: Only burn the candle for two or three hours at a time. Burning the candle for longer periods could lead to the jar overheating and may damage the candle.
What size are the candles?
All our candles are currently the same size. Each glass holds approximately 220g / 7.7 oz of wax, which equates to a burn time of 40-50 hours. Please send us an email if you have an idea for a different size.
Do you test on animals?
No! Not now and not ever! All our products are vegan and cruelty free.
Can I sell your products on my website?
Your purchase of our products is only for your personal use. In purchasing our products, you agree not to resell or distribute such products for any commercial purposes. We reserve the right to reject or cancel your order if we have reason to believe that your order is not for your personal use.
I have sent you an email, when will you respond to my enquiry?
We are open all weekdays (except from holidays) and aim to respond to all enquiries within two working days. If you have messaged in over the weekend it may take a little longer for us to respond depending on if we have a backlog to get through.
What wax do you use?
We use a blend of rapeseed and soy wax for our candles which is sourced from sustainable producers.
How do I update my order?
Please email us as soon as you can if you would like to cancel or make a change to your order. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but cannot make any guarantees.
How quickly will my order arrive?
Orders are shipped on weekdays (excluding holidays). All standard shipments require 1–3 business days to process and up to 2–3 business days to arrive.
Can I check the status of my order?
You will receive emails periodically giving you an update on the status of your order. If you still need help please do not hesitate to email us and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
How do I place a large order?
If you’re having a wedding, doing some corporate gifting, or just want a stockpile then it is best to send us an email.
Where do you ship to?
We currently only ship to the UK. We are looking to open this up to more locations soon. If you want to nominate your country as a priority, then please email us.
What is your return policy?
Our Returns Policy can be found here.
How can I speak to someone about a collaboration?
If you are interested in collaborating, becoming a brand ambassador, or have an exciting opportunity, then please send us an email. We’d love to talk.
Press / Media
Who should I contact about press / media enquiries?
Please send us and email and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you.
You have not answered my question?
We're really sorry - please send us an email and we will be happy to help.